29/11/2012

How Durr successfully created a monster




Before playing scrolls, my only experience with card games was from playing Pokémon as a kid. And even then I was tricked into trading my beloved shiny Chansey card for two standard cards (under the false pretence that it was a better deal). So when Durr told me about scrolls I was a bit sceptical about how I would fair against a seasoned MTG player, but I was up for the challenge all the same.

The first few games were rather intimidating and it took time to get to grips with the field and various strategies (and Durr felt no shame in punishing me for my mistakes). Once I had learned to remember and plan for things like cooldown resets and had created a deck I was comfortable with, I soon began giving my enemies a hard time and eventually winning games.

After only a few weeks I was editing the deck myself and thinking up new and interesting ways to crush my opponents. The best piece of advice I would give to a new player is to learn something from every game you lose. I am by no means an expert now, my ranking is currently 1001 and I have generally stayed clear of ranked from fear of being humiliated. But my confidence is growing with each game and with my new deck (and a bit of training) I feel that I stand a good chance.

0 comments:

Post a Comment