30/11/2012

Rocket Knight Adventures, an amazing platformer few had heard of


One of my favorite games from my childhood was a title called Rocket Knight Adventures and still sticks fondly in my memory. Funnily enough though I never owned a copy of the game! It used to be my go to rental game in the golden age of rentals where as a child you could spend up to an hour just deciding what game to rent!.

The reason I loved this game at the tender age of 10 was it was such a breath of fresh air compared to the standard platformers i had been fed in the form of Sonic and Mario. I love these 2 as much as the next person but when your game collection is so small you tend to run them into the ground.

In Rocket Knight you play as Knight mouse armed with a Jet Pack and a sword that shoots what can only be described as flaming hoops. Now this in itself sounds fun! to use the jet pack you merely had to hold down your attack button to let it charge then hold the d-pad in the direction you wanted to charge at/fly.  You could also perform this move in the air to fling yourself across impassable terrain, or power slide across the ground with your sword out in front.



The boss's in this game were a lot bigger compared to what we had seen in similar transformer. From a robotic caterpillar busting through walls to the giant armored gun train.... with  FRIGGIN ARMS. Yes I have soft sport for Outlaw Star if you have seen the anime you will understand.


All in all this game was a lot of fun at £3 for a weeks rental back then! a complete bargain in my opinion my only regret is that I never owned this amazing game.

For those of you who loved this game as much as I did please check out this remake campaign these guys are working for! Hurr an Durr wish them luck in their cause and we hope you readers do as well.

I want a Rocket Knight Remake!

If the link doesn't work please copy and paste the following URL:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Remake-Rocket-Knight-Adventures/196471850395146?fref=ts

0 comments:

Post a Comment